The Blogger Recognition Award comes to me from the one and only Brad at Bradscribe — thank you, Brad! I’m especially honored to be among his Magnificent Seven All-Female Nominees. 🙂 Brad treats us to his fiction — his energy captivates and he knows how to entertain. He enjoys writing (science fiction in particular) as well as music and
cake CAKE. Swing by and pay him a visit if you’re not already following. His door is always open!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is a way to say thank you to bloggers who impact the blogosphere by inspiring and supporting other bloggers.
Welcome to the Writers’ Edition of the Blogger Recognition Award!
What is the Writers’ Edition of the Blogger Recognition Award? My nominees electrify the blogosphere with their creative writing. Flash fiction, poetry, short stories, longreads, book excerpts…they’ve got it covered! I’m inspired by their love of writing and dedication to their blogs.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How did my blog start?
File this under, “If I can do it so can you”. I started my blog on impulse. I didn’t know anything about blogging and didn’t know what I was going to write about. I also didn’t read or follow any blogs or know anyone who blogged so didn’t have anyone to ask for advice. What to do? Jump right in, baby. 🙂
I decided to blog about what I’ve learned about living a beautiful life. My posts are a mix of short essays, how-to lists, anecdotes, distant memories and a bit of poetic license. My blog has evolved to include more creative writing, including short stories and series.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
- Blog your love. What interests you? Blog about that. This may seem self-evident, but bloggers have been known to spend a lot of time trying to figure out what readers want to read. If you can do that — awesome and power to you! If not, go with what moves you, piques your curiosity or somehow resonates with you. It can be anything. It’s a wild worldwide web with room for anything and everything. Your interest and enthusiasm will shine through your posts making them all the more engaging.
- Don’t let stats distract you. Hits, views, followers — hey, why did that reader unfollow? Didn’t they like my post about how to make a grilled cheese sandwich? As Dita Von Teese said, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” There are plenty of readers who will adore your ripe juiciness and keep coming back for more. Besides, that unfollower was probably apprehended on the Silk Road and their internet presence erased — they would have loved your grilled cheese post. Keep blogging your love and you’ll find your community and they’ll find you. 😉
My wonderful writer nominees:
Thank you, all!
A HUGE thank you to everyone who reads, likes, follows and/or comments on my posts. You inspire and encourage me and I appreciate each and every one of you. Yes, you! 🙂