Ladies and gentlemen: it’s awards time! The Liebster Award comes to me from the phenomenal Rob at Art by Rob Goldstein. Thank you so much for thinking of me, Rob! I’m truly honored.
What is the Liebster Award?
The word “liebster” (originating in German) has several definitions — dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued. In the current context, this award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.
Here are the rules:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs.
Notify those blogs of the nomination.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I’ve been known to dance around the house by myself.
2. I see humor in many things.
3. I look for beauty in every day.
4. Hank the Hedgehog is my first pet (he might say, hostage) that had me a little clueless.
5. I love candlelight in the evenings.
6. I’m starting my urban treks again.
7. I love matcha tea.
8. My red Thermos travel mug is one of my best purchases.
9. Cooking and baking are two of my neglected loves.
10. I’m currently reading short stories by various authors.
11. My green onion gardening experiment is a success.
11 Questions for Me:
1. What was your favorite age?
They’ve all had special and memorable aspects.
2. What is your most prized possession?
One of them is a blanket my grandmother made for me years ago. It’s travelled many miles with me.
3. How do you like your eggs?
Poached with hot sauce. Pickled is good too.
4. Who is your favorite author or poet?
I can’t possibly pick only one. (I’m getting a headache trying!)
5. Can you dance well?
6. What is one of your favorite quotes?
(Or something like that! :))
7. What word in your language do you like most?
I love languages and words, and can’t answer this. (Headache!)
8. Do prefer the ocean or the mountains?
Oh the pain! I love both. Together. Okay, if I really have to pick one then the ocean.
9. What was your greatest accomplishment to date?
10. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
Meryl Streep is always great.
11. Can you sing well?
That probably depends who you ask.
My Nominees (in reverse alphabetical order):
Robin at WITLESSDATINGAFTERFIFTY
Raphaela at HUMMINGBIRD REDEMPTION
Michelle at AGHOSTDANCER
Melinda at LOOKING FOR THE LIGHT
Juan at TOONCESTALES
Brad at BRADSCRIBE
Ainsley at AVALANCHE POETRY
*I’ve reserved a spot for you! Yes, YOU! If you’d like to participate I’d like to nominate you. Let me know and I’ll add your name and website link, above.
Everyone is welcome! I’m also looking at bloggers I’ve previously nominated (for any award/challenge) who were unable to participate at the time….
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who follows, comments, likes, or simply takes a quiet tour of my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you!
My Questions for My Nominees:
- Coffee or tea or mocha/hot chocolate?
- Why do you blog?
- How would you describe your sense of humor?
- What would you do in your ideal day?
- Summer or winter?
- Beach or mountains?
- Could you live without your smartphone?
- Do you like sardines?
- Do you have any pets?
- Does the weather affect the way you see the day?
- What would you change about your life right now?
n.b. If you prefer the questions asked of me or the random facts about me, please provide those instead.
There is never any obligation with my nominations.
If you’re unable to participate for any reason, please accept this as a gesture of my appreciation.