Have you ever had one of those days where you’re rushing around, scrambling and maybe even forgetting things?
What is the result?
Stress! You feel like the day is running you.
What is the antidote?
Starting your morning purposefully allows you to own your day (or night/afternoon, depending on your sleep/awake schedule).
8 Steps to Owning Your Day
- Sit or stand quietly for 1 minute upon waking.
- Resist the urge to check your phone, email, social media, etc.
- Have breakfast. Try to have a nutritious breakfast. Try to eat mindfully.
- Enjoy a ritual, be it a cup of coffee, tea, watering plants, feeding fish.
- Meditate for 10 minutes. Pray instead or in addition, if you prefer.
- Exercise for 10 minutes.
- Hold one positive thought.
Now you can check your phone and start your computer. 🙂
Enjoy the day! You own it, baby.
P.S. If this seems like a good idea but you couldn’t possibly find the time, consider getting up earlier. This may mean getting to sleep earlier. I know, I know. But try it. Modify the 8 Steps if necessary. The results will be worth it.